Thursday 10 March 2011

Regulation

When creating my film trailer it was important to consider regulation that would occur when making the real thing. The BBFC regulate films to protect people from such things like horror and sexual scenes, and they also use these services to regualte film trailers. I have targetted by audience at 15-45 year olds because i believe that this audience would be able to understand my plot, it wouldn't be under 15 because i think that they would not be able to cope with some of the scenes that occur. Scenes included in my trailer are things like a knife scene, a terryfying scream and the plot of being followed against your will. These will potentially cause some young people turmoil, and they might not understand what is happening.

I have decided that because of my target audience and the content in my trailer, that i will regulate it at certificate 15. I have come to this conclusion based on what 15 certificate covers. It mentions the following things; no discriminatory language or behaivour, drug taking but not used to encourage it, horror is permitted unless sadistic or sexualised, no detail of dangerous behaivour so not to be copied and no glamourised weapons, language like f*** can be used and c*** to some extent but only if justified in context, nudity in a sexual context, sex without strong content and finally violence can be used but not to afflict pain. Based on these regulations i thought it best to regulate my trailer at a 15 because it includes a weapon but i have not glamourised it, and if i were to make the film it would include violence and in the trailer it is made slightly apparent.

No comments:

Post a Comment