Tuesday 19 October 2010

film posters

I have looked in depth at film posters, i looked on a website that told me what the top psychological thriller were - it was http://listverse.com/2008/06/23/top-15-psychological-thrillers/


This is the poster from the film Hand That Rocks The Cradle, and i like this poster because there is a happy scene of the family and 'ripped' down the middle is the killer. She is a completly different colour and this is really sinister and works well. I could incorporate this into my poster by using an image of the girl looking perfectly happy, and have the stalker with this effect on the other side of the poster.
I do however want the image of the man slightly concealed, so i want to make sure he has a lot of shadow.









This is a poster for the film Scream. I really like this poster because it is all focused on one character in the film, we don't necessarily know who because we can only see a extreme close up. I think the black and white works well because it makes it look creepier - to reflect the genre of the film.

The reason i like the close up is because it shows the importance of using a image to explain to the reader what the film will be about. The expression also adds to this. This relates to my film poster because the facial expression is also important on mine.

I like the simplicity of the poster and that they have focused on the image, its basic but really effective.





This film poster is from the film American Psycho, this film poster focuses on the killer instead of any victims. I know the reason for this is because the killer is obviously the main character, but i would like to highlight that i could potentially focus on my antagonist, instead of all of the focus on the victim.
This picture is also good in my research because he has shadow on his face to make him look sinister. I also have had people think it would be a good idea to use a weapon on the poster.
This has widened my ideas for what my film poster will include.



1 comment:

  1. i agree about the weapon idea, the glint of a knife is sinister!

    ReplyDelete